Pre School Children at Poplars Day Nurseries
Our Reasoning Approach helps our 3 to 6 year olds ask many questions that they find solutions to in all areas of learning as they take part in many challenging activities. All of our topics and activities take into account your child’s ideas and ensures that they enjoy learning new skills, such as the specific language for each area of learning. Staff have time to extend to your child as groups are kept small.
In pre-school, your child will be in a group of children aged 8 to 16 and with one to two staff members. This gradual increase throughout the year helps your child to build strong relationships by learning consideration and enhancing their confidence and self-esteem. Your child learns effective group skills that ease their transfer into school.
Learning and Development
Your child’s key worker will create a unique learning target book, unique to them, in which we can record their strengths and any areas of need during their time with us, helping you to understand exactly what they are learning and why in each area of learning. This is summarised to supply a full and detailed report about your child’s development, which is shared with you and their new school to help with the transition.
- Unique reasoning approach that guarantees that your child will develop a love of learning, with small groups of 8 through to 16 in preparation for school
- Children become excellent problem solvers have a strong sense of self with great confidence and high self-esteem
- Children develop a high regard for others and develop strong friendships
- Individual learning goals that identify any areas of need, with staff working together on enhancing every child’s learning experience
- Smooth transition into school to include a detailed report highlighting their attainment levels in every area of learning
Read More Less
We believe in giving your child the right input at the right time, and we do this by using the Poplars Process to make sure that each stage underpins the next. Our Sensory, Imaginative and Reasoning Approaches take into consideration how your child develops, which often means they are ready for more formal learning before they reach school age. For example, many of our children have an early interest in learning to read and are reading confidently by the time they go to school.
For a safe and secure family friendly environment where Child Protection, in line with Ofsted requirements, is held as paramount, Poplars Day Nurseries are here to help. If you live or work in Sherwood, Daybrook, Woodthorpe or the surrounding areas across Nottingham and would like to arrange a visit so that you can experience our unique approach to learning and childcare for yourself, simply contact us today at either Poplars Nursery School or Poplars Blossoms Nursery.
Poplars Nursery School: 0115 971 7559
Poplars Blossoms Nursery: 0115 971 7589