Poplars Day Nurseries
Since 1993, we have developed an outstanding reputation in Nottingham based on our unique approach to providing care and education for babies, toddlers and pre-school children between the ages of 12 weeks and 6 years. At Poplars Nurseries, we have years of experience in caring for:
The Poplars Approach
Our unique approach to childcare, The Poplars Approach, embraces the Human Scale Ethos and involves:
- Creating a small, family friendly learning environment
- Small groups developing a sense of belonging for every family, allowing more effective communication
- Dedicated and caring staff bringing out the best in each child
- Making learning individual, fun and exciting through play and topic related activities and outings
Our Friendly Team
At both Poplars Nursery School & Poplars Blossoms Nursery School, we invest in the personal and professional development of each member of staff. A higher ratio of staff is employed so there is no need for supply staff. This ensures quality care and education for your child is maintained.
Read More Less
As we are a learning environment, we employ staff that work towards a recognised childcare qualification. We do not deem NVQ Level 2 as qualified, and staff must work towards NVQ Level 3 as a minimum. The number of qualified staff exceeds the legal requirements.
In addition, all of our staff members receive in-house training in carrying out the Poplars Process for each group and attend further training in, for example, first aid and safeguarding. This gives consistency and continuity for your child. If you would like more information about our services in Nottingham why not get in touch with our team.
Nursery School Activities
Our team are committed to providing only the best learning and development environment for your child. The activities you can expect your child to engage in involve:
- Dedicated staff team that plan fun and exciting activities set at the right level for every child no matter what their developmental needs, these being shared with parents regularly
- Outside environment that has been nurtured and preserved to successfully encourage wildlife and learn from being outdoors
- Topic related activities that allow children to make sense of the world around them for example, creating volcano irruption using cola with bicarbonate of soda, mints and vinegar
- Allowing the children to experiment, problem solve and work out why things might happen
- Working in small groups staff can closely observe each child at play and ensure that their next steps flow at their pace and encourage them to achieve their full potential
- Children experience creativity in abundance so they can express themselves in a variety of ways
Read More Less
To ensure your child develops and grows outstandingly, our staff work with small groups of children so that they are able to observe and interact closely with each child. They are then able to tailor input to an individual child’s needs to give them the best start in life. Our staff will also log your child’s progress in a unique development book that they will regularly share with you.
One of the most important aspects of our approach is the continual communication and sharing of information with parents and carers. The more parents become involved with what we do and show an interest in our nursery and the development of their children, the more we learn about each child as an individual. It also ensures that you get a thorough insight into our nurseries. As a result, you can trust that we care for your child in such a positive and unique manner that encourages their development. We encourage you to tell us of any concerns so that we can improve our service for you and your child.
If you’re looking for an exceptional day nursery, look no further than Poplars Nursery School & Poplars Blossoms Nursery. Situated perfectly to serve families in Sherwood, Daybrook and Woodthorpe, we go above and beyond to give your child the best start in life. Contact us today to find out more.
Poplars Nursery School: 0115 971 7559
Poplars Blossoms Nursery: 0115 971 7589